Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

Won't connect to internet. Signal strong, works find on

Customer Question
Won't connect to internet ...

Won't connect to internet

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Signal strong, works find on laptop, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

Yes signal is strong, but whenever I do set up, even after three green lights, still says set up failed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

What is the cost?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I look forward to helping you today.

What will not connect to the Internet wireless?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

I have tried repeatedly shutting off and on the router, Roku, device. etc. As you can see, my computer is receiving strong internet.
I do not understand. The $28 is an additional fee from the original $5 and $30
Jason, where are you?

Are you having troubles connecting the Roku or another device?

I am here. I took a few seconds for the screen to load.

It is the Roku device.........I am getting a bit concerned...after paying by the minute. Does a phone call mean an additional $28 or is it included in $30 half hour?

You are not paying by the minute or hour. There is only one flat charge for the task.

I see that you requested a phone call for some reason. Was that a mistake?

Instead of calling you on the phone, may I remotely connect to a computer on your network so that I can help you fix this problem with the network?

Would rather a phone call

You would prefer to speak on the phone? A phone call will not help much at all. We can communicate on this page.

What do you want to say on the phone?

Jason, I want to get this resolved within the 30minutes. This is the first time I"ve tried your organization and hope it works. I have already typed in a number of times the problem. Roku device will not connect to internet despite strong signal. Each time it tells me that the setup has failed.

Thank you for the update. When you attempt to connect the Roku to the wireless signal, what happens? Does it ask for a password? Does it ask you to press the WPS button on the wireless router?

The network for computer is working just find. The tv network is working fine. The Roku will not connect. We have repeatedly turned off and turned on router, net gear, etc. and rebooted all devices installed. Roku worked up until last night when I attempted to add new channel, Acorn TV. and had to submit new password.

When are you asked for the password? Is it asking for the wireless password ***** some other type of password?

It doesn't ask us to press a wps button
or password

What happens? When are you asked for the password?

It asks for network set up. We hit the button for our network, the green lights ( 3 of them) show that network is hooked up, and then we get message, setup failed.
It does not ask for password

Which button are you referring to?

sign says, to verify router security settings

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Since I do not know your organization, I am not comfortable using remote viewing. I do it with Mac Support but then again, I know them
I also don't understand why there is not a live call.

Okay, I very much understand. You want to talk on the phone. I will opt out of the question and allow another to take over.

Good luck.

I just found out you charged me an extra $26, please take it off.
Satisfaction has not been achieved!
Take the charges off my bank account. I have notified the bank. Your guarantee satisfaction and it has not happened.
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Systems Engineer
Phone call session started
Louie, Technician