Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I get HBO through my cable service, but have switched my…

Customer Question
I get HBO through...

I get HBO through my cable service, but have switched my phone contract. The new phone contract gives me access to HBO through a service called direct TV now. How do I get that set up to use with my ROKU stick?

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

I am on a computer right now and have good WI FI.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

I don't really know how to do that. If I do that, will direct TV Now show up on my TV screen?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
i don't have any other info at this point.
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I don't know why I am being charged for this answer as it is no answer at all.

This is a paid service.

Do you wish to continue?

i did want an answer. As you have already charged me for it. I do believe I should get an answer. Or should I ask first, how much more will this cost?

If you go into the ROKU store on your ROKU stick, you can add the channel.

are you saying I need to physically go into the store? I already have HBO and I can access it on ROKU, but I want to stop paying for it on my cable bill (Comcast) and get it for no additional cost through my new phone contract.

No, the store on the ROKU stick. There is an app called the store where you can add channels.

OK. I'll look for it and see what I come up with. Thanks,

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.