Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sony ICD PX333 media player that doesn't turn on…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Sony ICD PX333 media player that doesn't turn on even with fresh batteries

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have?

Hi Pearl,

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony media player?

Connecting to my windows computer with a usb cable The computer saw additional removable media drives and but there were no folders or files.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Go ahead okay

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Can the usb power from the computer power the Sony to the point that data can be retrieved from the internal memory ?

It is unlikely that it will power on properly since it appears to have an internal failure.

So, to answer your question: No, it will not work.