Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Do I connect form the TV to the USB on my modem?? It is a…

Customer Question
Do I connect form...

Do I connect form the TV to the USB on my modem??

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a Sharp about 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

No, you wouldn't connect USB from your modem to your TV for anything. Please reply back with the following:

1) What's the model number off the back of your TV?

2) Do you have a Wi Fi modem or strictly a wired modem?

3) What is it you're trying to do?

3) What is it you're trying to do (example: Use Smart apps on the TV)?

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

TV Model LC 60E88UN ; it is a wired in modem

Thank you. Please give me a minute.

Okay that TV isn't a Smart TV, so connecting it to your modem isn't going to do anything. Like I had asked in #3, what is it you're looking to do? Are you looking for a device you can plug into the TV to view Smart APPS like Netflix? Let me know.

I,m sorry ; it is a SHARP TV

Yes it is. I understand that. Please read my last reply again and post back with what exactly you're looking to do on your Sharp TV.

Your Sharp isn't a Smart TV, so connecting it to your modem isn't going to do anything. Like I had asked in #3, what is it you're looking to do? Are you looking for a device you can plug into the TV to view Smart APPS like Netflix? Let me know.

I want to connect your ROKU Streaming Stck

Okay. The Roku streaming stick requires Wi Fi to work (connecting the TV to the modem isn't going to help). You need a Wi Fi router in order to use the Roku streaming stick on your TV. You can purchase a Wi Fi router at Best Buy or Wal Mart for around $40-$60. You then simply plug the Roku stick into one of the HDMI Input ports on the TV, and then plug the Roku stick power adapter into a wall outlet.

Nothing gets plugged into the TV but the Roku stick into the HDMI port. The rest is done through the Roku stick (but it does require a Wi Fi connection). If you only have a wired router, then you would want to return the Roku stick- and instead purchase one of the boxes. The boxes have Ethernet connections for wired routers/modems. The stick does not.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician