Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to set up my Spectrum account on my roku. It…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my Spectrum account on my roku. It seems everything I want to do needs a new password, or username. I did not know this was going to be so difficult to transfer accounts

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

ROKU STREAMING STICK sn# *****

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I typed in my Time Warner/Spectrum user name and password; then went to charter.net/login which sent me to Time Warner/ Spectrum and they said they had to research the question, so then I called Roku and they sent me to goROKU/support

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of this is getting quite time consuming

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I was on ROKU and tried to hook into my Spectrum account to watch Spectrum through my ROKU stick
and it referred me to Charter.net/login which connected me with the
Spectrum/Time warner site I tried to log on to Spectrum/Time Warner, entered my Time Warner username(email) and password ***** was successful but
which was NO help with hooking me up to ROKU
and referred me to go ROKU. Support
I first tried phone support and then live text chat but I am not using my mobile phone and they wanted me to pay more and subscribe to their support service
WHO SAID THIS WOULD BE FASTER, EASIER AND CHEAPER?????????????????
So I tried the number given to me when I first connected and
Called ROKU 1***-***-**** and got
NETBROS Peter
The password ***** user name I used to get onto the Spectrum site and my account would not work for technician above to get spectrum on my account.
I called him after trying to log on to spectrum through ROKU which he then tried to use the user name and password ***** used but it would not work for him
At this time I was frustrated, and tired. I had just previously hooked up to PBS using the password ***** use for them and decided it might be faster to just log in to Spectrum through ROKU so that I would not have to pay the rental fee for their box.
It was not faster, easier and I am wondering if the additional ROKU streaming stick was worth it. I may just take it back to Target.

OK

I am not going to pay $26 to switch to a live phone call. I have already paid something over $70 when I first got my ROKU to hook into the system. This is starting to sound like a money dump.

We are a paid support site.

Do you wish to continue?