Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sony BDP-S570 and would like to stream from a site…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony BDP-S570 and would like to stream from a site not listed on the drop-down menu. Is there any way that I can add a new site? The site I want to add is britbox.com.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your BDP-S570?

About a year.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

I have tried to search using the icon for internet streaming, but it does not recognize britbox.com. It looks like it is looking for a program rather than a web site.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything. I had no problem connecting to Netflix, but I used their icon.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
I'm sorry, but I can't wait any longer. Please cancel my query! Thanks.
12/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Sorry for the delay, however if you want to stream from a site that is not listed then you will need to connect a computer to the Sony unit and stream from the computer to it.

I cancelled the question (see above) at 09 December 2017 01:57 when I got tired of waiting with no response and no indication of the time when I would receive a response. That was about 5 hours before Pete responded that he had the question. I will accept the $5 charge for asking the question, but I can cancelled 5 hours before Pete responded. If I am not credited for the remaining $25, I will dispute the charge on my credit card.

For refunds please contact customer services.