Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have one on the later IPod touchs. My I Tunes does not…

Customer Question
I have one on...

I have one on the later IPod touchs. My I Tunes does not recognize it when I try to download a book.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

Three or four years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

It does not display on the ITunes page and when I first plug it in a box appears saying it doesn't recognize it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

nothing has changed here.

Have you tried using a different USB cable?

I have tried all your suggestions with no results. I tried the IPod on my wife's computer and the device was recognized immediately. It appears that ITunes and my computer are not made for each other.

Do you have the latest version of iTunes?

Not now. I am going to re-install I tunes and see if that works. If not I will try to network to my wife's computer and download the books from that I Tunes.

OK let me know

The problem was solved with Apple. My version of ITunes was at fault. I new ITunes was downloaded and the IPod is working properly. Does this qualify me to have the $26 refunded?

I am glad that you took my advice and downloaded the latest version of iTunes.

Close me out. Apple helped me fix it.

Thank you

Again, Apple and I solved the problem by deleting and downloading complete I Tunes.

Yes, I am glad to hear I was able to ask if you have the latest version of iTunes and installing it was the fix.