Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Will the roku work if it is 20 feet from the xfinity tower…

Customer Question
Will the roku work...

Will the roku work if it is 20 feet from the xfinity tower which will be in a closet

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Model no 2710x

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 2710X?

Its 6ft and thru 1 wall

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes it will- provided the materials used in the walls are standard drywall and studs, and not brick or any type of concrete the Roku will pick up the signal from the Xfinity router just fine. Generally you're good for up to around 40-50 feet through a couple of walls. The 20 feet distance in a closet is not uncommon in many installs I've come across.

More info can be found regarding Wi Fi distance and functionality at the link below:

https://www.lifewire.com/range-of-typical-wifi-network-816564

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?