Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I upgraded to a roku plus and now my roku tv can only be…

Customer Question
I upgraded to a...

I upgraded to a roku plus and now my roku tv can only be powered up from the tv. It doesn’t recognize the old remote or the new one. I successfully set everything up (roku screen displayed and my paid channels are there.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Roku FS3800

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Remotes aren’t recognized

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Now the screen went black without my touching anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe, Technician replied 8 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

Is this in relation to the tv or the roku? Which remote does not work?

On the tv if it is with the tv, can you tell me if you can bring up the menu or is there a light on the tv like normal showing its on?

The roku tv is on and the roku menu is up showing my channels, but neither the old TCL roku tv remote or the new roku plus remote - neither work.

TCL is the tv manufacture, are you saying that the tv remote will not control the tv and that the roku remote also will not control the roku?

Correct

So if you press the tv remote "menu" button nothing happens? Not even the little light on the tv flashes when pressing?

If you unplug the roku from the wall and the tv does the tv remote then work?

No
I’m logging off.
Do you have a smart phone with a camera?
I should also ask just in case have you checked the batteries? Did the Roku remote stop working as soon as you completed setup on it?