Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a brand new streaming stick plus and cannot connect.

Customer Question
I have a brand...

I have a brand new streaming stick plus and cannot connect. I went online and did everything they wanted. I just spent an hour with online chat support, got NOTHING and was disconnected. I need help please.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes. It shows my internet connection. I choose it and get the message it cannot connect to wireless, error 014.30. I have good connection strength. I have tried choosing private network, and have tried typing in my MAC address. I have rebooted the router. I can connect using other devices. Nothing is working.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

What do you mean by digital media player. I disconnected the xfinity TV box, and plugged in the Roku. My internet router is not connected to the cable box. That box was plugged into the only hdmi port on the TV. Should the Roku be plugged into the cable box instead of the tv?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe, Technician replied 4 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

In many cases this is due to needing a firmware/software update and or needing to reset your router and clearing the network info from the roku and reentering it as well sometimes connecting to another network with a different login/password, since this is the express you dont have a direct ethernet connection which makes it a little harder.

Try to Disable Network Pings

In order to disable network pings, press the following buttons on your Roku remote (in order) to show the “Platform Secret Screen”.

Home button 5x, right, play, left, play, right.

Once you’re in, navigate up the menu and select: “Disable network pings”.

If that does not work then you will need to try connecting to another network to update the device. Run a software update. Once you’re connected, press the following buttons in order to unlock the “Secret Screen”: home x5, right x3, left x2.

Once you’re in, select the “Update Software” option and wait for the Roku to finish installing and then reboot. Disable network pings. After the software update, you’ll just need to repeat option 1 to disable network pings.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face, please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you, however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason, please reply back and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

Do make sure that any cap letters are used in the password ***** entered correctly on the roku for the network password, leave on auto settings and just select your network ssid and enter the password.

Joe
Joe
Joe, Technician