Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My new Roku stick is slow to respond to the remote or

Customer Question
My new Roku stick...

My new Roku stick is slow to respond to the remote or responds only when the remote is in close proximity. How can I remedy this?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

The box only says Roku Streaming stick but it is one of the newer versions with a remote that controls the tv as well as the stick.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Mostly unplugging the stick, checking the batteries, and re-syncing the remote. I do want to repeat that it does work when the remote is close.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.*** Would still like a remedy to the problem as stated.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that we have 3 Roku sticks and a Roku tv, but this hasn't been a problem with the older stick? Overall very pleased with these products//

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

It's an intermittent problem but yesl

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Cannot continue conversation so I'll proceed on my own. Thanks for your time.

Thank you