Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE problem with google play. I have not active google…

Customer Question
I HAVE problem with...

I HAVE problem with google play. I have not active google play but sign coming up all the time on TV screen "GOOGLE PLAY SERVICE HAS STOP? WHAT should I do that sign won't come??

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes TV screen become little dark and sign stay in center of the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to get reed of that sign.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe, Technician replied 4 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

Are you using Google play through your tv apps or an external device?

What is the model number of said device?

Thanks,

Joe

It's roku primer and I am not using Google play and never used it

Have you already tried resetting it to factory defaults as well as unplugging and plugging it back in?

but its still same

And if you switch to a different source on your tv instead of the source the roku is connected to that message goes away, correct?

No that sign stay even roku is off

If you disconnect the roku from the tv it is still on the tv, correct?

Can you bring up the tv menu?

Are you sure the tv is not in mirror mode with your android phone? (not sure if you have an android device just asking).

Sign stay even the roku is off

Can you bring up the tv menu?

is it any way I can call you or you can call me

I am unfortunately not available by phone at the moment. You request does however stay open and another expert may give you a call as well.

If your tv shows that error without the roku on or connected then it has nothing to do with the roku and instead it is with the tv or another device. If the only device is the tv then try going into the menu and preforming a software update, if that does not fix the problem then unplug the tv for 10 mins and or reset to factory defaults and or turn off screen cast/mirroring if using phone to mirror to tv. In many cases a software update fixes this problem. You may have also lost wireless/wired connection, try resetting your router by unplugging and plugging it back in and then waiting for the network to come back up and then reenter network info into tv and let it preform a software update if available.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

Joe
Joe
Joe, Technician