Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Everytime we turn on our roku it says we are not connected…

Customer Question
Everytime we turn on...

Everytime we turn on our roku it says we are not connected to the internet,but I can still stream the free games on them. I've unpluged it and it didn't help We are with direct tv /at&t ,the tv works fine, it's roku that is not working

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

No,we have a smart tv only

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

I'm not tech savey,digitalmedia?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Before at&t we didn't have all these problems but they sent techs out and even upgraded our router. It worked for a few days then slipped back again.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model of the Roku you have here? How old is it?

I got this roku about a year or two ago.I believe it's a model 3.

Okay thanks. After you got your new router....did you do a "factory reset" of the Roku and then set it up using the new router credentials??

Below the power jack on the back of the Roku 3, is a tiny recessed pinhole reset button. Use a paperclip and press and hold that button for 8 seconds and release. The Roku will then start it's setup (as if it were new and out of the box). You will then be asked to enter the router password (located on the bottom or back of the router). Try those steps and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

the tech for AT&T put in the new router and said he was setting everything up,I guess he did.Ijust put thepaperclip in the back for 8 seconds ,but when I flipped it back to roku nothing happened
are you still on line with us?
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

can you see everything that was written to Aric before you got this?

Yes, did you try a factory reset yet?

Iput the clip in the back ,but I couldn't feel a button ,the clip went all the way in ,is that right?
  1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.
this will remove ALL my accounts I have on roku right??

Yes

I've had that done to me before ,it took me WEEKS to get most back ,and lost a few,I don't want to do that again

It took you weeks to get back your channels?

Each channel can be added in under 30 seconds.

ok Harry, I'm going yo reset it now

OK

I tried it and it won't connect to the internet. i USED THE PASSWORD ***** AT&T GAVE US,CAN YOU ENTER IT FROM YOUR SIDE WITH THE PASSWORD?

No, I cannot enter your Wi-Fi password ***** you.

Harry,are you still with us????
what do I do now??

Yes, I am still here.

How is it going?

Harry,I understand you are back with me again,right?

Yes, I am still here.

How is it going?

ok, lets try this again. Now,what I have is a screwed up mess. I tried what you said and somehow I got on the wrong stuff and the page is frozen (since last night0 AND I CAN'T GET IT TO MOVE!!

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Harry, I unplugged it this morning before I went to work, then, plugged it in when I got home ,YEP!,same problem,
its been over 20 minutes,NO REPLYS, I'mnot paying for this kind of crap GOOD BYE !!!