Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I tried to factory reset my Sharp/Roku Television, but it…

Customer Question
I tried to factory...

I tried to factory reset my Sharp/Roku Television, but it won' completely reset. as soon as I check the box that I will be using the tv at home, not in a hotel it automatically checks for networks. It won't let me start a new network. all the old ones appear that are all locked and I do not have the passwords.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Sharp TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Surge protector

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 7 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
There are other ways to try the reset. "Hard Reset
Unplug the television.
Press and hold the "Channel Down" and "Input" buttons on the panel.
Plug the television back in while holding down these buttons. ...
Keep holding the buttons until the television powers back on. ...
Use the remote to navigate the "Service Mode" menu and select "Factory Reset" from the menu."
The above procedures worked for many other sharp tv and might also work for you.
Please try them.
If you need more help, please provide me the model number of the tv as I will need to do more research on it.
None of these things helped.
Sharp Model LC 50LB481U
Roku TV 5318X
Ok thanks for the update
I will do some more research and get back to you later today