Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Grundig digital video recorder which would be some…

Customer Question
I have a Grundig...

I have a Grundig digital video recorder which would be some years old. The Electronic Program Guide has stopped working although the record button will still work and the program will be displayed as usual on replay. I think the Guide button on the remote is probably worn. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Grundig model do you have?

It is either GDVR501FV or GDVR1TBFV

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Grundig unit?

Have tried all the directions in the manual to no effect.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No I'm just unsure as to whether it is a problem in the remote or in the unit itself. As I said it is some years old, but can't remember just how many years probably 5 or so. There are no technical specialists available where I live.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer

Try re-tuning the recorder: Menu > Retune and Confirm.

Does that bring the EPG back to life?

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich