Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Roku, which I set up more than a year ago was working…

Customer Question
My Roku, which I...

My Roku, which I set up more than a year ago was working well, All of a sudden, it stopped working and I don't know why. I move our large tv around so that I could see the wires, but there were so many that I couldn't tell where the Roku should be inserted. Our TV is large (for its time, 50 inches I think), but because We have only one outlet near the tv we have extension cords going to the electricity. and going all about. I am not a professional, So how can I begin fixing the Roku?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

No, In order to use the Roku on this TV The TV has to show that it is on HD3, which I do from the tv remote control. TV is on HD!.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

To the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

As I said I am far from a professional. You would know that immediately once you looked behind the TV. It's a mess. And because I did it a year plus ago I don't know which wires go where.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The Roku only needs two wires - power and display, so check both those cables coming from the Roku box are connected correctly and have not come loose.

Then ensure the TV is set to the correct input for the Roku.

If the Roku isn't responding, try pressing the small Reset button on the Roku box and let me know if that works?

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------