Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a "hum' when the radio is played. Sangean CR-22.

Customer Question
Good morning; I have...

Good morning; I have a "hum' when the radio is played.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Sangean CR-22

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Repositioning the antenna.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just what I've said; thanks. Perfect.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

it is "humming" along, but not in a good way!

Humming is usually an interference noise.

Try moving the unit to another room or location and see if it continues there

Unfortunately, I played the radio in every room in my house and the hum remained, so interference is NOT the explanation. What's next?

Sorry for the long wait -- Unfortunately, you opted me out of the question 5 days ago so I couldn't reply back.

Do you have the hum on every station?

the radio hums independently of tuning.

Unfortunately, it will need to be looked at locally to see what the issue is.