Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My image when streaming Roku channels is condensed

Customer Question
My image when streaming...

My image when streaming Roku channels is condensed vertically,

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

My Roku images looked vertically squeezed. Screen image does not reach each side of screen. There is black bar on each side. Images and type seem too vertical. Not correct.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Image was fine yesterday. Normal TV picture is fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the roku itself

Grab the tv remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the roku as well, until you get them both to a desired setting the roku display function is in the roku settings menu

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.