Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku isn’t stuck on a stupid loop cycle that I can’t get…

Customer Question
My roku isn’t stuck...

My roku isn’t stuck on a stupid loop cycle that I can’t get out of

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

The streaming stick it’s the black one

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Unplugging the streaming stick from the tv, unplugging the cable that goes into the streaming stick, I’ve pressed the reset button on my streaming stick I’ve taken the batteries out of my remote I’ve pressed the button on the back of my remote I’ve done everything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

It started last week I was watching Netflix and then it kicked me out saying that I needed to reactive the Netflix channel so I did and then it brought me to a “let’s get started” screen. After that it brings me to my wifi network scan in so I press all that it connects to the wifi and then says that there is an update available. I press okay cause that’s the only option it gives me. It updates the software and then brings me right back to the lets get started page. I don’t know what else to do.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

I don’t have $26 to call you so I’m just going to keep typing

Which model ROKU do you have?

I don’t know it’s the black streaming stick

Navigate to the Settings menu.

Choose Advanced System Settings.

Click Factory Reset.

Enter the code on-screen.

That’s the problem. I can’t get on to anything on the roku except for the screen that keeps popping up saying “let’s get started” other wise I would have factory reset it a long time ago.

How old is the ROKU?

2 months old not even

Where did you buy it from?

Walmart

Since it is less than a year old, it can be replaced under warranty.

Please call 1-***-***-**** and they can start that process for you.

Ya I already did that I just want to feel x this one so I don’t have to get a new one

You will need to get a new one.