Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Unable to sign on with site. Roku epress. Site is up ,but no…

Customer Question
Unable to sign on...

Unable to sign on with site

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Roku epress

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Site is up ,but no connection

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

. I put what was ask of me and still have no connection

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
errow code: 014.41
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

This is JustAnswer.com an independent support website and not Roku support.

** Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat**

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you. Rating does not close the question, and you can still communicate with me at no extra charge.

I am here

Nice, have you tried to reboot Roku express device?

OK, have you tried to run Network setup in Setting menu of Roku and does it show your wifi modem/ network name during available network search?

Keep getting errow code: 014. 41

OK, it seems Roku device has got problem with wifi circuitry. Lets try to restore it to default setting that might work

Please find Reset button on device and push it for 3 seconds while Roku power is ON to reset the device.

Go through initial setup and reply back with the result

Errow code: 014.12

Did you get my previous reply where I requested to reset the Roku device and mentioned the procedure?

done thst

Just to clarify, did you see your wifi router name during network setup and selected that?

did see my WiFi connection
However I do see the symbol lock

OK, let me repost this question for other experts to assist you further

Thanks

Will be waiting
Thanks
Electronics Technician: Joe, Technician replied 4 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

In many cases this is due to needing a firmware/software update and or needing to reset your router and clearing the network info from the roku and reentering it as well sometimes connecting to another network with a different login/password, since this is the express you dont have a direct ethernet connection which makes it a little harder.

Try to Disable Network Pings

In order to disable network pings, press the following buttons on your Roku remote (in order) to show the “Platform Secret Screen”.

Home button 5x, right, play, left, play, right.

Once you’re in, navigate up the menu and select: “Disable network pings”.

If that does not work then you will need to try connecting to another network to update the device. Run a software update. Once you’re connected, press the following buttons in order to unlock the “Secret Screen”: home x5, right x3, left x2.

Once you’re in, select the “Update Software” option and wait for the Roku to finish installing and then reboot. Disable network pings. After the software update, you’ll just need to repeat option 1 to disable network pings.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face, please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you, however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason, please reply back and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

What must the screen be on for this process

The tv "screen" would be set to the correct input/source that the roku is connected to the tv, as for example if the roku is connected to the tv via hdmi 1 then that is the input/source on the tv you would select which would then show the roku on screen, for you to see the error codes I would presume you already have it on the correct source. Everything that I have outlined for you to check deals with the roku and your router, you are not preforming any of those settings/changes etc via your tv/tv remote, you are only using the roku remote to proceed.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Joe
Joe, Technician