Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Roku 3 that just stopped working. 3. It says 423OX…

Customer Question
I have a Roku...

I have a Roku 3 that just stopped working.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

It says 423OX on the bottom.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

We've tried wireless and wired connections. Neither one will connect.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please provide bit more details about the issue you're having with Roku-3 device.

Does it power On and shows home screen?

everything shows up it just won't connect to the internet.

OK, have you tried to reboot Roku box?

several times.

OK, have you tried to restore it to default settings?

Probably not. we can try that.

Sure, find Reset button on rear of Roku device, push it with pointed object for 3 seconds while Roku power is On to reset the device, go through setup, network setup and reply back with the result

resetting now...

OK, please take your time

OK, it looks like that worked. Thank you.
How do I end this chat and get my $5 back?

Nice, glad to know problem is resolved.

Not sure why you want money back as I have worked on it and fix the issue through this chat?

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

I was told the $5 was refundable. I didn't know what the $5 was for, just that I couldn't get any customer service without it. Had I known it would cost $5 we probably would have thought to reset it ourselves.
Now I've been charged $30??? This is a ripe off!
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 7 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a moderator for this topic. It appears that you thought you were contacting Roku re: your issue and found JustAnswer accidentally.
Since that is the case, I've reversed your charges back to the original funding source for you.
I do apologize for the confusion.
Have a great day!
Gina