Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Are you there?

Customer Question
Hello. Are you there?...
Hello. Are you there?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

What is the model number of the remote that you are using?

N2QAHB000012
This remote was working perfectly fine (at least as far as powering up the unit and operating DVD) until I experimented and switched to "2" from "1".

Which setting did you change?

On the remote I had clicked on the "Action" button, which brought up onto the TV screen different settings options. One of them was for "remote." It offered three different settings with no descriptions, simply #1, 2 or 3. It was set on 1 and I chose 2 just to see if I could get the remote to control both the DVD as WELL AS the VHS. Ever since, the remote controls nothing.

Ok, try removing the batteries for 1 hour to reset the remote and let me know if that works?

I'm hoping to simply somehow get back into those settings so I can restore the remote option to #1. But now I have no way of doing so because I can't get back into the settings without using the remote.
ok ... will do.

Let me know how it goes...

Okay .... .I waited an hour, replaced the batteries, and the remote still is not working. Anytime I click on any remote button, the unit lights up the word "REMOTE " on its front panel, but nothing else happens.

Ok, let me check with the other techs on this one.

Again, this remote quite functioning IMMEDIATELY after I switch from "#1" to "#2" in the remote settings for this unit. Thank you.
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, please post back what is displayed on the DMR-E75V's small screen everytime the remote is attempted to be used with it.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Hi Louie,
Anytime I click on any button located on the remote "Remote" lights up on the screen and to the left of that, "2CH." There is also some symbol just after the "H" but I can't make it out.
I am trying to pull up the options onto my TV screen once again so that I can get back into the options that it displays for the remote control. There were three options (1, 2, and 3). It was set to I, I selected 2, and ever since, the remote ceased functioning.I must be leaving for work soon but will respond back when I can. I won't be able to be in front of the unit again until later this evening. Thank you.

Appreciate the post back.

Please click / tap HERE and try.

That did not work. The messages disappear after holding down Enter and 2 for 5 seconds and the time clock reappears, but then when I hit enter or any other button on the remote, the same two error messages ("2CH" and "Remote") reappear.

Interesting...

If still able, let's try just ENTER and 2 for 2 seconds.

That didn't have any affect.

Please try:

• ENTER and 1;
  • ENTER and 3.
That also had no affect.

Let check the remote even if just for test purposes and to eliminate it as a suspect.

With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera.

For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote particularly the ENTER and 2 buttons, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

Try pressing lightly and then press harder on the buttons. Compare light on camera display.

I don't have a digital camera other than my very basic cell phone. I tried with that (I don't think it's an LCD screen) and saw nothing.
However, the instant I click any button on the remote, including "enter" or "2", the "2CH" and "Remote" messages immediately light up on the unit's screen. It's seems to be sending a signal just fine. Also, the remote was working perfectly fine until IMMEDIATELY after I made the switch in settings from option "1" to option "2"

I understand.

I was hoping to confirm that the remote is able to send the signal just once and not "bouncing" multiple even with just a single press.

Bear with me for a last try; press and hold ENTER button then while STILL pressing on the ENTER button, press and hold likewise the 2 button.

This time please press harder as a single motion.

We had tried that earlier, both waiting 2 seconds and then 5 seconds. If I wait 5 seconds both messages disappear from the screen and the time stamp then shows, but if I push any button after that I get the same 2CH-Remote message appearing again.

The above are the only prescribed approach to the described issue hence proposed to do multiple tries with slight variations even pressing harder and the camera test.

Would you prefer a third opinion / alternate approach to your concern?

I suppose that would cost even more money?

Sorry but my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.

Does this mean I'm still charged even though the problem wasn't resolved?
This is my first time using this service.

Please contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.