Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I previously have been dealing with Lindsay, another of your…

Customer Question
Hi there, I previously have...
Hi there, I previously have been dealing with ***** *****ndsay, another of your technicians about my DVD player. Turns out it was smarter to get a new one, except now I can't get past the set up stage. My tv is about ten years old and is not a smart to so I am unsure if this is the problem, but there was no mention the DVD player was not compatible with older tv's.
My tv is a Panasonic, model number LA32R81BDX. The DVD player is a DMR-PWT560. I cannot get past the initial Easy Setting instructions which say when I turn the player on it automatically asks me to choose basic settings. I am unsure if this should be displayed on the tv or the screen of the DVD player, but the DVD screen just says Setup, and I can't get past that. Ca I mention I am crap with technology! thanks, Kate
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 4 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems setting up the DVD.
I would like to know more about this. How is the DVD player connected to the tv?
Hi, and thanks for the response. I took the cables out of the old DVD player and simply replicated where they went. I have a HDMI cable, and I connected two cables that went in the slots that said RF IN and RF OUT, and of course the power cable.
Thanks
I would be better talk to you and go over the cabling. Would you like to talk over the phone?
Maybe down the track I would be happy to. I am in Australia and have limited window to talk during the week, between 6-9 pm Australian time. Can we proceed without a phone call at this stage please?

ok the tv does have HMDI connectors? If yes then we can look into trying to find out if you select a correct input or not.

What is a hdmi connector sorry? My tv is on the wall and the cables go into the wall . Will I have to get the tv off the wall to check this?
Hmdi cable is similar to us port but connection carry both video and sound.
Hi, the tv is connected to the DVD player by a hdmi cable,is this what you are calling a connector?
Ok then all you need to do is select an input that corresponds to the hmdi that the DVD is connected to.
On the tv remote, there should be an input button that you can press to see available inputs of your tv. Select the hmdi. If your tv has more than one hmdi, go on the back and read what input number the DVD is connected to. Once the correct input is selected, you should see the DVD set up screen.
Let me know the results
Thank you, ***** ***** head off to but i wll try this when i get home. i have a "source'' button, and when i get to the hdmi screen it say no signal. There is an 'input' button on my remote also but i was sure when i pressed it did not do anything, but i wlll try again later
Ok then you have more than one Hmdi connectors
When you have no signal on the screen do you check the DVD player to ensure that it is powered on?
Hi again,Yes the DVD player is in when I select the input. There is no 'input' button on my tv remote, it I use the ' source'. button and I think it does the same thing.
I did forget to mention that my friends gave me an Apple Box and I watch Netflix with it. So this also has a HDMI cable that runs through the wall into the tv. This works when I turn the apple box on and then use HDMI2.
My old DVD player used to work on HDMI1, so i assumed this one would do the same, but it says no signal.
According to the DVD operating instructions, it says an automatic set up screen should appear. It says 'setup' on the DVD player screen. After a while the DVD screen displays D( or is it B?) O, but I can find any reference to what this means in the manual.

The system has HMDI cable that goes from DVD to the tv. You have tried different HMDI inputs on your tv and nothing has worked.

I would think there is something wrong with the dvd player. Will it be possible to return to the store for exchange under warranty?

Hi, for curiosity I switched the hdmi cable that goes into my apple box with the hdmi cable into the DVD player. Now my apple box displays no signal when I select the input, and the DVD set up screen came up fine. Then went it went throw its sequence to find channels, it said there was no signal ad that channels could not be found. Can you advise what this all means please?
This confirm that the hmdi cable is defective. Get another cable as that can solve all our problems
Hi, since I last emailed you I got help taking the tv off the wall to check the connections. I did this and rechecked everything. Now both Netflix and the DVD screen comes up, but again when I the DVD player selects the channels it says there is no signal

I am confused here, when you used a different cable it worked and then changed something, then problems started again?

Sorry if i worded that a bit confusing. I swapped the HDMI Cable from the Apple Box and the back of the DVD player. Netflix no longer worked but the dvd player did, and the set up screen on the tv came on. So i thought i was on to something, but when went to do the dvd set up, it cannot locate the channels, it says there is no signal. I had the tv removed from the wall and i checked all connections and cables, but they all appeared ok and it did not change anything. So now the fault is that there is no signal when i try and do the dvd set up. I hope i have explained things more clearly.
The source is selected as hmdi input?
Does the no signal tell means no Wi-Fi signal or no incoming video signal from the hmdi input?
When i press the 'source' button, it goes from my normal TV setting, to HDMI 1, then HDMI2, then back to my TV setting again.
I am not sure my TV has Wifi as it is about 8 years old. Normally it just says HDMI 1 - 'No signal' on the TV screen. But now it comes up immediately with the set up screen, and the message i get when it tries to select channels is - no channels found - check aerial signal. I have made sure the aerial is connected at the back of the TV. My TV and all its channels works fine.

I am lost and will opt out to have other experts try

Ok thanks anyhow
Hi there, no one else has contacted me, can you please advise when this is to happen?
electronicsguy
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer