Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old Tk-75 recorder, little used in the past

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Tk-75 recorder, little used in the past decade. It has solenoid controls. Now when it plays back, it shuts off with a loud klick wihthout warning. After 35 years, I feel it has a lot of life left, perhaps calibrating the motor sensor and cleaning up old grease. can you help.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?

The cassette

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your TK-75?

Since 1980

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Playing the unit thoroughly, but not invading it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

It works fine except shuttting off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 7 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Do you happen to know if belts were changed during your ownership?
Are you plan to repair the unity by yourself?
Can you take covers off to do a visual inspection of internal parts?
Belts were never changed on this unit. It was Sony's top of the line cassette, TC-K75, with many different controls. I would want an estimate before I proceed with refurbishing it.
regardsFrank E. Johnson
chairman & ceo
***** ***** Selections
103 East 84th Street #6-B
New York NY###-##-####Tel. and fax:(###) ###-####or TOLL FREE U.S.:(###) ###-####
Cell:(###) ###-####(U.S.)
Web site: www.frankjohnsonselections.com
FDA registration number: 17-757910264
Federal import permit: NY-I-15097

Hi Frank,

Thanks for response, we here at Just answer offers online help for people who are willing to do the work. I am not sure if you are willing to take the system apart to replace the belts. If yes, let me know and i will work with you to identify the belts and order replacement online.