Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to hook up a CD player on my Samsung tv. I have…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to hook up a CD player on my Samsung tv. I have both the optical and component cables installed and the tv will not detect them.

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Model un3fh5000fxza

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No tv hdmi 1 and 2 and ab all seem to work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN3FH5000FXZA? What happened right before this?

This just showed up today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Have you been using just the red/white cords?

DO you have anything else there like a dvd or bluray player?

I found out on my own directly from Samsung that the two units are not compatible. I had to hook the CD player through a sound bar.

That is exactly what I was getting at,

you cannot input audio only, the tv will only pick that up if you have a video signal. If you had a dvd player you can play the cd in it.

Alternately, you can connect a yellow cord from some other device like a cable box and use that to trick the tv into then playing the audio, even though the screen won't match.

I tried that also and it did not work. The only way I could make it play was hooking directly to a sound bar. It detected the av signal but still no sound.

Was it showing a picture from whatever device you connected (yellow)?