Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Everything was fine for the past several years,then suddenly…

Customer Question
Everything was fine for...

Everything was fine for the past several years,then suddenly while watching showcase the other night the tv went blank then the ominous revolving circle,went on forever. bought a new roku its better but still taks 15min. or more to load a tv program and sometimes the pictire is blury at first. now im not sure if i need a faster modem or not.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Only hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not to my knowledge its a vacation home but we can always tell about power because of the clocks and all were working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sur

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV? Also what were you viewing from on the set- was it a built in TV app, a cable box, a DVD player? Please elaborate.

its an LG 46LD55, was watching, using Spectrum as my internet service and roku to view shows, i have a modem from the internet provider and my own netgear router.

Okay, the circle spinning when using Roku means the Roku lost signal from the router. So this could be due to bandwidth issues, or internet issues. Please go to the link below and tell me what you get:

http://www.speedtest.net

Hello?

I'm here
Lost your site,hit wrong button but the test was around 45

45 MBPS Download? Or....?

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

When you did that speed test, what device was used and where was it located?

Sorry, finally got in touch with my internet provider,thanks!

You're very welcome

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Technician