Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku says dcp unauthorized content disabled. I have

Customer Question
My roku says dcp...

My roku says dcp unauthorized content disabled. I have disconnected the cables and box and reconnected it but it still won't work. What now?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

I don't know it was a gift and is 1 year old. It says arris on the back and has some numbers on it.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Disconnected everything and reconnected it again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Will it cost me anything to get help?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes, this is a pay for support site- we are not Roku, we are a group of techs here to help you and this is our livelihood. That said, in order to proceed- the HDCP message simply means the TV has lost communication from the Roku. Please tell me if this is a Roku box or a Roku stick.