Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Do you have repairmen for JVC products? For example we have…

Customer Question
Do you have repairmen...

Do you have repairmen for JVC products? For example we have a 10 disc JVC for CDs.

Technician's Assistant: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?

Yes. purchased a996, Model # PC-XC60BK

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Oops. Typo that's purchased 1996.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your PC-XC60BK? What happened right before this?

It just stopped playing a few years ago. Then would play intermittantly. We found out the wires in the back were loose and then my husband repaired that the other day and it worked fine. Then this morning he put a CD cleaner in the first CD slot and it's jammed in there and we don't know how to remove it. Now the disces are playing and then stopping.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. W can't live without our music and it's been a sad time for us to go without it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Technician