Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a purple roku stick that stopped working. I cannot…

Customer Question
I have a purple...

I have a purple roku stick that stopped working. I cannot talk to a real person on the phone... I've been trying for a week to get help!!

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Purple streaming stick

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I have unplugged it a

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What exactly do you see on your TV screen when you try to watch the Roku stick? Also how old is the Roku stick?

The roku is about 3 years old. I see snow in front of the roku start page. And the picture flips or flickers

Okay, thank you. Have you reset the stick yet? Please try these steps, shut the TV off, and unplug the power cord from the Roku stick- then unplug the Roku stick from your TV. Try plugging it into another HDMI port on the TV, then plug the power cord back into it. Turn the TV on and select that other HDMI port. Let me know what you see on your screen.

I don't have another hdmi port

Okay, try those steps in the same HDMI port. Right now it sounds like it could be a problem with the TV. Let me know once you've tried those steps.

I'll try it again

Okay.

Yeah still same

On one of the thin sides of the Roku is a tiny pinhole reset button. Locate that and use a straightened out paperclip to press and hold that button for 8 seconds and release. Let me know what happens.

Oh okay

Thanks, ***** ***** know.

I have a rest button but no pin hole
Reset

Then use the button.

Okay

Let me know!

Okay I got set up

How's it look??

Still snowy? Still flickering? Let me know.

No screen looks good

Okay great! You may be all set here. You will need to run through the setup again, but since the images look good- it appears a reset did the trick!

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?