Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Sharp Viewcam Model VL-E780U has not been used in several…

Customer Question
My Sharp Viewcam Model...

My Sharp Viewcam Model VL-E780U has not been used in several years. Batteries seem to be good. With film in it, when I push VCR or Camera it tries to light up but only blinks with a clicking sound inside no picture showing. Any place I can get it checked out or suggestion to fix problem? Thanks, ***** ***** ***@******.*** or(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your VL-E780U?

No, I have never used them. Only the Charger cable plugged in to charge batteries.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that I know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all I know to tell you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Have you first ensured it has a full charge Don before trying to make a film?

Please let me know

Best I can tell battery is charged. When I push button to VCR or CAMERA it makes a slight clicking noise but no pic or light of any kind. Like it is trying to respond. I have kept both batteries on charge and Charge light goes off with Power light staying red

Can you try a different tape, tell me if that works please

Hello Richard, thanks for trying to help me get my Sharp Viewcam working right. The light is showing now that the Battery Is Too Low, on both batteries. I have just put one on Charge and it seems that they are not holding a charge. Is it possible to replace these two batteries? If so, where can I get them? I really think the camera will work normally with strong batteries. Last night I got one of the batteries strong enough to view a tape for about 3 minutes. Did not have time to try again until tonight.
Had to watch my Dallas Cowboys play Washington last night. Thanks, *****

Thanks Don

They are hard to find but I found it here for you on my link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-For-SHARP-VL-AH151-VL-AH50U-Camcorder-BT-H22U-Viewcam-VL-E39-VL-E49-/330714166608

These are new batteries and work for your model.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service