Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I turn off the mute funtion on a Sony hcd-ec55, 6+

Customer Question
How do I turn...

How do I turn off the mute funtion on a Sony hcd-ec55

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your HCD-EC55?

6+ years, I have sound when playing a cd but not when I select the radio

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sony

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony system?

Sony suggest turning off the mute setting but I can not find any info as to how to accomplish that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Have you tried turning the volume knob all the way up when it is showing the radio?

as I mentioned the speakers work just fine when I'm playing a cd
Are you still there?

Have you tried a couple of radio stations?

both am and fm

Do you hear static noises?

No, no sound at all. Sony said I should turn off the mute but there is no information on how to turn it on or off
As you are not able to call me I hope that there will not be the $26 charge to my account

I am not aware of any button or setting for mute on this device.

I can't find any either so their info was incorrect. Do you have any other ideas? I don't want to keep you hanging on for nothing.

No, whoever you spoke to either had the wrong information pulled up or they were not sure about your system.

This was an online suggestion in their troubleshooting section

For that model? It was likely for another model

do you have any other ideas or thoughts, or should I just buy another unit?

I would recommend replacing the unit.

You can buy the same unit for around $50 online used

Thanks for you help. Sorry you could not help me, Have a nice day

You're welcome