Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My insignia DVD player will not open. The player is on, but…

Customer Question
My insignia DVD player...

My insignia DVD player will not open. The player is on, but i can't open it.

Technician's Assistant: What Insignia model do you have?

NS-BRDVD4

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Insignia media player?

Turning it on and off and pushing th open button

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 7 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
Can you listen to the motor noise when you press open or close button. Please bring your ear closer to the system as possible
Ihear it once in awile
Are you able to take the top cover to do a visual inspection?
No
Ok there is a belt that moves the tray in and out. The belt is the problem. I wanted you to do a visual inspection to confirm the problem
I really would like a refund. You were of no help.
Sorry for the experience, it is difficult to tronlshoot the door problem online. The problem is related to the mechanism that moves the door. Unfortunately, I cannot visualize the finding without your help taking the top cover. I have two suggestions for you: consider repair and replacement cost, or find a local repair shop that can perform evaluation and repairs.
I will send a refund request