Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older Toshiba 5 disc carousel changer DVD

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Toshiba 5 disc carousel changer DVD video/C.f. player as k615. It works fine, but I am trying to play CD and having it change automatically when I load 5 of them with no success. I have to change them from the front of machine by using disc select. Is there a way I can set it up to get it to change automatically?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Acoustics research. It is a Bluetooth speaker.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

The CD plays fine and the sound is great, just won't automatically go to next CD.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

If the machine will not play any discs then it is unable to read them.

Assuming the discs are in good condition and not dirty or scratched there must be a problem with the changer.

First, try running a cleaning disc in the machine to ensure the lens is clean and able to read the discs.

If that doesn't work, let me know if you can hear any grinding or unusual noises from the changer.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Sorry, but you missed the mark on my question. The disc plays perfectly, but the machine won't rotate to the next disc for automatic rotation.

Apologies, I thought the changer was changing through all 5 discs without playing any of them.

So, the rotation mechanism is not working at all?
Can you rotate it manually?

I can also rotate it by selecting a disc number on the front panel.
It just won't change to another disc automatically.

Ok, then it is a logic fault with the software on the machine and not a mechanical fault.

The only reset you can try is leaving it unplugged for an hour.

If that doesn't work, it is unlikely even a Toshiba service center would still have the software available to reload it.