Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am not ale to retrieve video. Get message that ---has been…

Customer Question
I am not ale...

I am not ale to retrieve video. Get message that ---has been disabled. Settings are all ok.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

My rook is about 3-4 years old. My samsung TV is about 10 years old. It worked last week or 2 weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

42" HD 10 years old. Worked with Roku when streamed Meyerwitz stories 2 weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything works until i enter program. Then geyt sound but Video message. I can get picture on the arrow pause, biut it keeps moving

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I watched all TV channels on my Direct TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have no idea whaat I want to tell expert. Is My Roku out of date? TV is fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

I do not know how to do all of this. Please cancel this request. I have already sent the cancellation request.
I am an elderly electronic dummy.
I shall cancel amex charge for anything beyond $5.00. That will pay for your time and remind me not to use any tech support other than Apple.

This is quite a simple matter to unplug the roku, but if you wish to not proceed, you are not obligated to. You did pay the agreed upon fees noted on the payment page when posting your question.

If you would like to continue I'd be happy to help further another time, should you wish to pick this up again.

Otherwise please click the 5 stars at the top of the page to conclude our session.

Best regards,