Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku won't connect me to netflix or amazon today. I have…

Customer Question
My roku won't connect...

My roku won't connect me to netflix or amazon today. I have tried taking out the power to the roku TL device and put in new batteries, etc. but no help.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, I get the roku thanksgiving picture and could navigate to netflix and to amazon but it never opened either one. Also, lost my train of thought.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It is connected to the TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else other than our roku is probably five years or more in service.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens now when you try to open netflix?

Please let me know

Thank you

The screen goes blank and a message says that roku can't connect to Netflix (or Amazon) just now. try again later.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket) and the Roku box

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the Roku box then the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please