Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Turned on ROKU and got a small screen. Cannot figure out how…

Customer Question
Turned on ROKU and...

Turned on ROKU and got a small screen. Cannot figure out how to get full screen.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Most advanced?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I've gone thru just about everything that I saw on screen to enlarge the video to the full screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

We've had this for several years and never encountered this small screen within the 50” Samsung

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please shut off the Samsung, and then unplug the power cord from the Roku. At that time disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends making sure it's secure. Plug the power cord back into the Roku and then turn the TV on. Let me know what happens.

I have a Model 4 (4400x). I tried your suggestion, but still have a small screen within the large Samsung screen!

Can you tell me which model Roku you have?

I just gave it to you!

Sorry! Hang on pleas.

Roku doesn't specify where on which model- but on the BOTTOM or back of the Roku check for a tiny pinhole reset button. Once you find it use a paperclip to press and hold that button for 8 seconds and release please. Let me know what happens!

Not a pin hole, but there is a Reset button. I held it, it reset, but the small screen is still on the Samsung

Okay that means the issue is somehow with the Samsung. If you connect the Roku to a different HDMI port is the picture still small? On that same note- if you switch to another source like a Cable box, or DVD player, is the picture normal sized?

Same result on a DVD-small screen within the large Samsung!

What's the model number off the back of your Samsung? We have to see what settings that set has to try and fix this!

Samsung is mounted against the wall, so I cannot get any info off the back. The User manual states that it is a Series 5 (550).

I'm sorry, I can't find any info out with the series. I will have to opt out.

Found a setup guide: LN37A550P3F
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

What have you tried already to do to resolve this?

Please let me know

I figured out the problem. I went into the Samsung system and located where I could activate the full screen for ROKU and DVD. Thanks for your help.

Good to hear!

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Please let me know

No.

ok, all the best!

Richard, Customer Service