Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking for some help, have a freesat+ HDR-1000s/GB/1TB but…

Customer Question
Hi looking for some...

Hi looking for some help, have a freesat+ HDR-1000s/GB/1TB but can't get my on demand to work

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your HDR-1000S?

A few years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I've unplugged from the wall tried to resetting to factor settings but it's coming up wrong pin ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

On Demand requires a working internet connection.

Is the box connected to the internet ok?

What is the exact message you are getting about a wrong PIN?

I'm connected to the Internet with Ethernet cable, my box is currently connected, I've got my pin and have reset back to factory settings but still no on demand message I'm getting (this will take only a minute but still nothing?

There may be a glitch with the router which is preventing some devices from connecting.

Try restarting your router and let me know if that works?

Have restarted my router unplugged everything checked all connections ? still no on demand

What is the EXACT message that you are seeing?

Can you attach a photo of it?

The message is. On demand is loading, this should take less than 1minute so please try again shortly? Every time I try too watch on demand this message appears

Ok, I have seen that message before - It happens over time as data builds up in the box's memory, and the only way to fix it is a full factory reset of the Humax box.

The reset won't delete any recordings, but it will delete any planned recordings so you will need to set those up again.

You can do the reset from the settings menu.

Let me know if that works ok for you?
--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I've already done this ? Earlier

Can you still play back recordings ok?

no problem with that

The only other possibility is a problem with the hard drive, you could try formatting it however that would erase any recordings.