Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a tv/DVd combo and the disc won't eject from the TV.

Customer Question
I have a tv/DVd...

I have a tv/DVd combo and the disc won't eject from the TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sylvania about 10 years, don't have model #, can get it in a minute or so

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes/Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sylvania? What happened right before this?

Had a problem wiith discs getting stuck when playing, could usually resolve by hitting fast forward. Problem startted 3 weeks ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: armymil2003,
 replied 7 months ago
armymil2003

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Electronics Technician: armymil2003,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Electronics Technician: armymil2003,
 replied 7 months ago

Per your notes, you mentioned you were looking for the model number. Do you happen to have it?

Sylvania LD320SSX
Electronics Technician: armymil2003,
 replied 7 months ago

Here are a few things to try before you would have to take it apart that I have for this TV:

• pressing the STOP button on the TV panel for 10 seconds or more;
  • unplug for an extended period of time, say an hour or more. Press and hold the EJECT button on the TV panel while plugging back in;
  • using a credit card like something inserted through the disc slot to ' jar ' / ' fish ' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; and/or
  • spraying compressed air through a nozzle tubing to 'float' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; or
  • consider using a pair of long reach tweezers as a last resort as these would scratch the disc surface rendering the disc eventually unusable.

The prescribed approach is to open the TV/DVD combo, remove the DVD drive, and manually eject the erring disc.

Please post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.