Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The picture quality is being seen as 480 as any new TV with…

Customer Question
The picture quality is...

The picture quality is being seen as 480 as any new TV with 1080 pixel densities capabiities would produce by "skipping" pixel addressing due to a less "dense" data packet. My Apple TV shows no such degradation. This is exhibited on both our Roku 1 and Roku 2.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Both Roku 1 and Roku 2

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Changing my Router Speeds in "settings" between 2.4GB/sec and 5 GB/sec.[ I have tho channel router speed system]. Having very poor picture quality on both, much like 480. My Apple TV converter show no such issue. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank You

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

That is the only issue with the system. Thank You

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The Roku will run at 480 if your internet connection speed is slow.

Have you run a speed test?