Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have direct tv. i am told direct tv now will work for me…

Customer Question
Hi. i have...

Hi. i have direct tv. i am told direct tv now will work for me as well, but the history channel keeps saying i am not authorized to see episodes of curse of oak island

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

I just bought the tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a TCL model number is 32S301. Just got it 3 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just this isn't the only one that says i am not authorized

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

If you receive the “User Not Authorized” message when trying to connect your participating TV provider account, there could be a few things going on:

• The company package you’re logging in with does not include a TV package.
  • Your TV provider has misconfigured your account or there is a system outage that prevents checking your streaming content rights.
  • You have entered the incorrect login information.
  • Parental controls settings are restricting your account.
  • There was an interruption in your internet connection while trying to log in.

If you think those issues do not apply, you can try to troubleshoot the individual device where you encountered this error message.

• If you’re on the web or trying to activate the app for a device connected to your television, you can clear your browser cache or power cycle your device (unplug it from the power source, as well as the router/modem you use to connect to the internet, then plug back in).
  • If you’re on a mobile device, you can try deleting and reinstalling the app, as well as restarting your device.
  • On an Android device, you can also try clearing the app's data.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this?

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------