Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just bought a new smart tv. cant get roku to load up. Brand…

Customer Question
Just bought a new...

Just bought a new smart tv. cant get roku to load up

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Brand new today samsung 3o in smarttv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Hooked up to corect hdm2 port bouncing roku starts up but when it says choose lang. freezes and wont respond

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 3O? What happened right before this?

Nothing i just bought tv today and hooked up and plugged it in everything else works fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

tried your suggestions still won't connect to wireless
why was I charged 26 instead of 5 refundable as stated by roku. also still have the connection problem. request refund

You were charged the appropriate amount. The fee is not and never was only $5, and is not refunded.

The 5 was just to post your question, and would be refunded if you did not get an answer at all. Once you started corresponding with an expert (me) you were charged the agreed upon balance of the total fee. That covers my time and expertise in working with you.

Do you wish to continue?

that is not my understanding after talking to reply online. at any rate still have problem and am requesting a refund