Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to use my 5 digit code to rent a movie and it…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to use my 5 digit code to rent a movie and it seems to reject my code

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

This is a Samsung smart tv

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

I who have to look up the model number but it is a 65" about a year and is a 4K model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything seems to be in good working order on the TV i just chose a 5 digit code and it does not seem to work. How long does it take from when i chose the code?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Everything was fine and this problem has only just occurred when I decided to rent a movie.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

1. Go to my.roku.com from your computer or smartphone.
  2. If you are prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Under PIN Preference, select the Update button.
  4. Select your PIN preference from the three choices.
    • Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
    • Always require a PIN to make purchases.
    • A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.
  5. If you choose either of the first two choices and have not created a PIN, you will be prompted to enter a four-digit number in the PIN field and select the Verify PIN field for confirmation.
  6. If you already have a PIN, enter your PIN in the Verify PIN field.
  7. Select Save Changes and agree to the terms of service.