Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

I have a Magnavox VCR/Disc Recorder. The VCR will not play

or rewind. The Disc works...
I have a Magnavox VCR/Disc Recorder. The VCR will not play or rewind. The Disc works OK.
JA: What Magnavox model do you have?
Customer: ZV427MG9 A
JA: What have you tried so far with your ZV427MG9?
Customer: I put a recorded movie in.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/24/2017
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Approximately how old is the recorder?

Are you looking for a repairer in your area?

What is your zip code?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
the recorder is approx is about 2 years old. I was hoping I could get an answer to the problem. I wasn't looking for a repair. My zip is 35115
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
If it is that comupated forget it

Yes you can carry out the repair yourself, if you have the appropriate test and repair equipment.

Do you have a multimeter and soldering iron available, along with other electronic testing tools and spare components?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i JUST WANTED AN ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM. Is this possible.

Yes, this fault is likely caused by a faulty component inside the recorder box.

You will need to test the internal circuit board to locate the faulty component and then replace it.

This type of repair requires advanced electronic and mechanical knowledge.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Engineer
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I appreicate the answer.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Thats all i wanted to know. Thank you
Pete, Engineer