Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I turn tv on it won’t let me move off the settings. It…

Customer Question
When I turn tv...

When I turn tv on it won’t let me move off the settings

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes it hooked up to direct tv. Small picture on top left of screen

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No need help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

55s403 direct tv into HDM1

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result