Recorders and Players

Recorder Player Problems? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Recorders and Players

All of a sudden I am seeing the opening building in Roku but

can not do anything from...
All of a sudden I am seeing the opening building in Roku but can not do anything from there. I have tried everything for a few days now. I even checked my Roku account online and all seems fine?
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: Cartoon of City scape
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: to the TV
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
call me at(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Roku screen
11/24/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please try the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off.

2) Unplug the power cord from the Roku.

3) Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between the Roku and TV on both ends- making sure it's secure.

4) Plug the power cord back into the Roku.

5) Turn the TV on and let me know if the Roku boots up beyond the city-scape.

If it does not- then please reply back with which model Roku you have.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
already tried that. it went to main Roku screen, but completely frozen from doing anything . Roku 3
Check the back of the Roku box below the power cord for a tiny recessed reset button. Let me know if you find it.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i see small hole. should i stick end of paper clip into it?

Yes, press and hold that for 8 seconds using the end of a paper clip and let me know if the Roku reboots.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
light on Roku flashed and stopped now

Okay, does it do anything else?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
asking and showing to pair remote - that doesn’t seem to be working

Alright how old is the Roku?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
3-4 yrs old

That's bad news. Those are the only steps you can try on a user level, beyond that the device is faulty and would need to be replaced I'm afraid.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Also, if you haven't tried so yet- please replace the batteries in the remote and try the reset button again to see if the remote can pair with fresh batteries.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
did and seems to be updating now

That's good news. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i will

Thank you.

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician