Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On my tv, i have a screen that says roku, but i cant get it…

Customer Question
On my tv, i...

On my tv, i have a screen that says roku, but i cant get it to work, ive changed batt. in control unit and have pwr to the unit connected to tv, what do i do

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Oh boy its square bout 3 inches

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Just to change batteries in remote and i have power at reciever unit

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just why its not working

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,