Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung plasma 1080p HD Smart TV. I just cancelled…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung plasma 1080p HD Smart TV. I just cancelled cable yesterday. Can you advise what I will need to get set up with a Roku. TV already has Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu on it. Would like to watch an occasional football game, if possible. Have a Linksys House router I think it is 1900 AC

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have?

Hang on...

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung media player?

TV is a Samsung Seriers 8+ 8500 Plasma Smart TV, 50 or 55 in. I have used Netflix, Amazon Prime and Netflix on it.But that was with cable attached. I justtried it today and was able to get content from both apps. Not sure what will happen when I return the box to Spectrum

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I need to get a different modem and router? I am not sure I trust Spectrum. What cables, etc do I need?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If you can tell me the full model number off of the back of the Samsung TV then I can tell you what is needed.

PNS = IF 8500AFXZA

Okay, you're model number is ***** some digits, but it appears the 8500AFXA (at least the 65" version) IS a SMART TV so it has the Samsung Smart Hub. Do you have a Smart Hub button on your TV remote?

If you prefer to just email me, that would be fine. *****. No rush

I'm available on this page now- not by phone and I cannot e-mail you. Please read my reply on this page (X out of the site's offers) and reply back to me.

there is a smart hub. I am using a Harmony remote rather than the one that came with the TV

Okay Harmony makes many remote, all with different features. I can't tell how yours is setup, but you will NEED THE ORIGINAL Samsung remote to setup the internet on the TV. Let me know.

Hang on - pretty sure i still have it

Okay, I'm sorry but I don't be able to continue on this, so i will have to opt out.

I have the original remote, but I need to go buy some AAA batteries.
or find some around the house.... I know they're here SOMEwhere
Refund me now. You guys advertise as the Roku experts and now you say you can't do this. I will figure it out myself, apparently.
SMH.
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

My name is Harry.

When you buy the ROKU stick, it will come with all of the wires needed to connect to your TV.

i have been charged $26 00. I need to request a refund as I received no phone call. Thanks for the response. Don't understand why I needed to chase down all that info.
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Systems Engineer
Phone call session started
Call for what? To tell me everything I need is in the Roku box. What a rip off!
Don't call. It's pointless