Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I get rid of the standby mode on my Sony tape player?

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get rid of the standby mode on my Sony tape player? Tape will not play

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Sony. Purchased new 09/01/16

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony media player?

I've shut it off; disconnected from power source. CD and radio OK. Just the tape.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Sony tape player..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.