Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We had Netflix installed on our Samsung smart TV via Roku…

Customer Question
We had Netflix installed...

We had Netflix installed on our Samsung smart TV via Roku about 6 mos. ago. It worked fine for about 5 mos. Now, when I hit Netflix, I get a B & W city scape on the screen. The word ROKU appears a few times as the city scape moves across the screen. How do I fix it so I can enjoy Netflix again?

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes The wifi is upstairs from the Tv in question, but it works fine with other devices in our home.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Video Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

I'd like to talk with the Video Expert. No weekly e-mail, thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not very techno savy.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please