Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a new TCL/ROKU TV and cannot get my Windoes 10 to…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new TCL/ROKU TV and cannot get my Windoes 10 to cast to it other than YOUTUBE. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Excellent and YES. They are both on the same WiFi Network

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just what to do

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

My Windows 10 laptop will not cast or stream any content to my new TCL/ROKU TV. I believe I read that this is an issue within Windows 10’ but I need to know if there is a workaround without buying still another device like Chromecast. My laptop will not cast to my Amazon Fire set-top box, either. How do I get Windows 10 to use my TV as a remote wireless monitor like Android does?